A Drop in the Bucket - Impact Evaluation of a Water and Sanitation Program in Rural Benin
- Brand: Groß, Dr. Elena
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783863760311
The lack of improved water and sanitary infrastructure still kills many people in developing countries each year. This book gives useful insights into how development projects have an impact in practice and why there is a possibility that projects fail to have positive outcomes. In this book, the national water...
The lack of improved water and sanitary infrastructure still kills many people in developing countries each year. This book gives useful insights into how development projects have an impact in practice and why there is a possibility that projects fail to have positive outcomes. In this book, the national water and sanitation program in rural Benin is analyzed. A difference-in-difference analysis is combined with a phasing-in approach to a sample of 200 villages in the departments of Mono, Couffo and Collines. The water program installs modern water sources as public pumps or standpipes in the villages in 2009 and afterwards. An additional household intervention for water transport and storage containers was design and is analyzed in a randomized control trail. The main outcome variables analyzed are water quality at the water source and in the household, usage rates, time savings and distance reduction because of the installation of a new water point. Further, it is analyzed why the coverage rate of sanitary facilities remain low in the rural areas of Benin.
- Title: A Drop in the Bucket
- Subtitle: Impact Evaluation of a Water and Sanitation Program in Rural Benin
- Author: Dr. Elena Gross
- Edition: 1st edition
- University: Georg-August University of Göttingen
- Published: 1st edition 12/12/2012
- Subject: Economics
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: Dissertation
- Language: English
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Scope: 118 pages
- Condition: New (wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: Africa, Benin, Development Aid Effectiveness, Diarrhea, Difference in Difference, E. coli, Effectiveness of Development Programs, Evaluation, Impact Evaluation, latrine construction, Phasing in Approach, Pipeline Approach, Program, Randomized Control Trial, RCT , Rural Development, Sanitation, Sanitation Program, water, Water Program, West Africa
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.