Labor market opportunities for refugees in Germany
- Brand: Weiß, Björn
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783941274457
Refugees face social and legal rejection in Germany. The reason for this lies in the attempt to deport asylum seekers and tolerated persons - despite years of residence in Germany - instead of integrating them. This exclusion from the German host society has a major impact on the labor market...
Refugees face social and legal rejection in Germany. The reason for this lies in the attempt to deport asylum seekers and tolerated persons - despite years of residence in Germany - instead of integrating them. This exclusion from the German host society has a major impact on the labor market opportunities of refugees. This thesis uses interviews with employers to show what influence "equal access" to the labor market has on the employment opportunities for many refugees and those with a toleration status - since the 2007 amendment to immigration. The skills and knowledge of the refugees relevant to the labor market, as well as discrimination on the part of employers and institutions, are taken into account and discussed in detail.
- Title: Labor market opportunities for refugees in Germany
- Subtitle: The role of equal access to the labor market
- Author: Björn Weiß
- Edition: 1st edition
- University: Georg-August University of Göttingen
- Published: 1st edition 02/18/2011
- Subject: media studies
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: Master's thesis
- Language: German
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Scope: 101 pages
- Condition: New (shrink-wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: Acceptance of refugees, employment agency, work permit, labor market, labor market opportunities for those entitled to stay, labor market opportunities for refugees, labor market discrimination, labor market situation in Göttingen, job competition, immigration authorities, immigration policy, foreign students, right to stay, right to stay, discrimination, toleration, EU foreigners, fair stay Göttingen, Göttingen Labor Market, Human Capital Theory, Institutional Discrimination, Integration of Refugees, Migrants, Prejudices, Immigration Act Amendment 2007
Björn Weiß, born in Lübeck in 1979, studied sociology, ethnology and social policy at the Georg-August University in Göttingen and at the Uppsala University with a focus on labor market policy and migration. In 2010 he received the academic degree "Magistra Artium" with this work. In his current job as a case manager, he advises and supports young people and young adults in their (re)entry into professional life.
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.