Triggers for acquisitions - synergies or hubris?
- Brand: Homberg, Dr. Fabian
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783941274471
Company acquisitions are the order of the day in the business world. However, they often do not meet the expectations placed on them. This dissertation focuses on two opposing perspectives that serve to analyze acquisition success or acquisitionfailure: On the one hand, it could be that the management of the...
Company acquisitions are the order of the day in the business world. However, they often do not meet the expectations placed on them. This dissertation focuses on two opposing perspectives that serve to analyze acquisition success or acquisitionfailure: On the one hand, it could be that the management of the acquiring company has possible synergies in mind. On the other hand, there is a risk that management will overestimate its own ability to realize synergies. In this case, there is talk of management hubris. The analysis of hubris using the example of acquisitions forms the core of this work.
- Title: Triggers for acquisitions
- Subtitle: Synergies or hubris?
- Author: Fabian Homberg
- Edition: 1st edition
- Published: 1st edition 16.11.2010
- Subject: Economics
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: Dissertation
- Language: German
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Scope: 185 pages
- Condition: New (shrink-wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: Acquisitions, construction groups, expansion, expansion drive of construction groups, facility management, mergers, horizontal acquisition, hubris, hubris indicators, capital market efficiency, M&A, management research, management remuneration, mergers, overconfidence, synergies, corporate control, vertical acquisition, takeover candidates, Takeovers, waves of takeovers
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.