Volume 2 | Common movements of exchange rates
- Brand: Kühl, Dr. Michael
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783941274358
This dissertation deals with longer-term relationships between the exchange rates of the world's most traded currencies. The aim here is to uncover common developments in exchange rates using empirical methods and to analyze the causes of these common developments. Initially, explanatory approaches based on traditional macroeconomic exchange rate models are...
This dissertation deals with longer-term relationships between the exchange rates of the world's most traded currencies. The aim here is to uncover common developments in exchange rates using empirical methods and to analyze the causes of these common developments. Initially, explanatory approaches based on traditional macroeconomic exchange rate models are used. Due to the low explanatory content of these traditional models, not only longer-term common developments of exchange rates that are detached from fundamental dynamics are revealed in the following, but also the extent of these developments driven by non-fundamental factors is quantified. Furthermore, the dynamics between fundamental and non-fundamental influencing factors are examined with regard to the explanation of the parallel movements of exchange rates.
- Title: Joint movements of exchange rates
- Subtitle: A theory-based empirical study taking into account fundamental and non-fundamental influencing factors
- Author: Dr. Michael Kuehl
- Series: Dissertation series Economics
- Edition: 1st edition
- Band: 2
- Published: 1st edition 2010-10-28
- Subject: Economics
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: Dissertation
- Language: German
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Scope: 516 pages
- Condition: New (wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: behavioral finance, descriptive analysis, Engle-Granger equalization method, excess comovements, international finance, purchasing power parity, cointegration, consumer price indices, market-price Hooper-Morton model, market-price mechanism, market efficiency, market efficiency hypothesis, market sentiments , multi-equation method, monetary parities, non-stationary time series, real interest rate difference model, real economic parities, return parities, sentiment indicators, triangular arbitrage condition, asset price approach, exchange rates, exchange rate polarization, interest rate parity
The authorMichael Kühl, born in 1980, studied economics at the Georg-August University in Göttingen and the Universiteit Antwerpen from 2000-2005. From 2005 to 2010 he worked as a research assistant at the Chair of Economic Policy at the Georg-August University in Göttingen. In February 2010 the author successfully completed his doctorate at the Faculty of Economics in Göttingen.
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.