Corporate learning in a spatial perspective
- Brand: Schiller, Dr. Claudius
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783863760120
In many German districts, the integration of low-skilled workers into the labor market is becoming a business and economic challenge. Deficits in formal schooling and vocational training require company-based learning efforts in order to acquire professional skills and thus ensure the employability of workers in the long term. Using the...
In many German districts, the integration of low-skilled workers into the labor market is becoming a business and economic challenge. Deficits in formal schooling and vocational training require company-based learning efforts in order to acquire professional skills and thus ensure the employability of workers in the long term. Using the example of the district of Cloppenburg in Lower Saxony, whose positive labor market development is considered a success story, especially for low and medium-skilled workers, four companies were selected that are characteristic of the sector and qualification structure of the district of Cloppenburg. With the help of methods of social network analysis and structural equation modelling, operational learning processes are analyzed by a total of 343 employees. In addition to formal and informal forms of learning, the regional environment is an important determinant of in-company learning: Cooperation networks at different spatial levels and regional socio-cultural characteristics influence learning processes, the success variable of which professional competence of employees provides policy implications for targeted measures to integrate low-skilled workers into the labor market.
- Title: In-company learning from a spatial perspective
- Subtitle: Analysis of the factors influencing learning processes in selected companies in the Cloppenburg district
- Author: Dr. Claudius Schiller
- ISBN: 978-3-86376-012-0
- Cover photo: © stock-illustration-9688305-germany - istockphoto.com, © SvetaP - vectorstock.com
- University: Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Reviewer: Prof. Dr. Javier Revilla Diez, Prof. Dr. Robert Hassink
- Edition: 1st edition
- Published: 1st edition 04/13/2012
- Department: Earth Science
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: Dissertation
- Language: German
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Extent: XII, 220 pages
- Condition: New (shrink-wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: Worker profiles, labor market, occupational competence, in-company learning processes, in-company learning, Cloppenburg, formal learning, informal learning, in-company networks, competence, learning, learning processes, modeling of in-company learning, network theory, operationalization of professional competence, structural change in qualifications, spatial proximity , spatial perspective, sectoral structural change, skill-based organizational change, social network analysis, structural equation modeling, structural change
Claudius Schiller, born in Hamburg in 1980, studied economics, economic geography, political science and public law at the Universities of Göttingen, Kiel and Wales (GB) and deepened his university education in the field of geographic information systems in Canada. From 2008 to 2012 he worked as a research assistant at the Institute for Economic and Cultural Geography at Leibniz University Hannover and researched knowledge-based regional development, regional labor markets and company-based learning. In addition to university teaching, Claudius Schiller worked as a consultant for companies.
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.