Database-based epidemiological studies on the treatment of patients with diabetes mellitus
- Brand: Kostev, Dr. Karel
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783941274440
The disease diabetes mellitus represents a major health and economic problem. In industrialized countries, the prevalence is estimated at 6-8%. In the present work, the care situation of patients with type 2 diabetes was analyzed using the patient database "Disease Analyzer" and 6 published studies were summarized. In addition to...
The disease diabetes mellitus represents a major health and economic problem. In industrialized countries, the prevalence is estimated at 6-8%. In the present work, the care situation of patients with type 2 diabetes was analyzed using the patient database "Disease Analyzer" and 6 published studies were summarized. In addition to examining the validity of the database, the temporal development of the prevalence of diabetes mellitus and antidiabetic therapies was analyzed, the most important oral antidiabetic substance classes and insulin therapies were examined with regard to their effect on the reduction of the HbA1c value, the use of the long-acting insulin glargine among the Conditions of routine outpatient care are described. The results of this work confirm the scientific value of patient databases in pharmacoepidemiological research. Based on the representative case numbers in the database, it is possible to carry out descriptive cross-sectional studies as well as to follow subgroups of patients longitudinally in order to investigate the therapeutic effects of individual drugs.
- Title: Database-based epidemiological studies on the treatment of patients with diabetes mellitus in Germany
- Subtitle: Possibilities of using the "IMS® Disease Analyzer" patient database in medical and epidemiological research using the example of diabetes mellitus
- Author: Dr. Karel Kostev
- Edition: 1st edition
- University: University of Leipzig
- Released: 1st edition 08/01/2011
- Department: human medicine
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: Dissertation
- Language: German
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Scope: 77 pages
- Condition: New (shrink-wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: antidiabetic substance class, antidiabetic therapy, treatment of diabetes mellitus, BMI, body mass index, diabetes mellitus, disease analyzer, general practice research database, glargine, GPRD, HbA1c value, IMS disease analyzer, insulin, insulin therapy, MDI , Medical Data Index, patient database, pharmacoepidemiology, pharmacoepidemiological research, PPA, Prescription Pricing Authority, therapeutic effects of individual drugs, type 2 diabetes
Karel Kostev (born 1973) studied sociology and statistics at the Albert-Ludwigs-University in Freiburg, completed further training as an SAS programmer at the SAS Institute in Heidelberg and received his doctorate at the University Hospital in Leipzig. He is currently working as a senior research analyst at IMS Health in Frankfurt am Main and is responsible for coordinating and conducting health economic and epidemiological studies, among other things. In the last 4 years, Karel Kostev had published 16 full publications and over 30 abstracts, most of them on the topic of diabetes mellitus
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.