Remembrance work of second-generation Holocaust literature
- Brand: Herzberger, Julia
- Availability: 9 In stock
- SKU: 9783941274228
The later generation of Holocaust survivors is looking for a past that is often unknown to them, but which nevertheless has far-reaching consequences for their own biography. Memories are prerequisites for the formation of identity, and it is precisely for this reason that the memory work of the second generation...
The later generation of Holocaust survivors is looking for a past that is often unknown to them, but which nevertheless has far-reaching consequences for their own biography. Memories are prerequisites for the formation of identity, and it is precisely for this reason that the memory work of the second generation of Holocaust literature seems interesting. This work deals for the first time with the following questions: How does this past find its way into your literary work? How are your own memories and those of your parents processed and presented in the texts? Which literary representations are used to address and integrate individual, collective and cultural memory? This work is based on the memory theory of Aleida and Jan Assmann and takes into account numerous studies on the literary representation of memories.
- Title: Remembrance work of second-generation Holocaust literature
- Subtitles: Using the example of Gila Freuder, Minka Pradelski and Viola Roggenkamp
- Author: Julia Herzberger
- Edition: 1st edition
- Publisher: Julia Herzberger
- University: Georg-August University of Göttingen
- Grade: 1.0
- Published: 1st edition 2009-10-28
- Department: Philosophy
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: Master's thesis
- Language: German
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Scope: 133 pages
- Condition: New (shrink-wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: Aleida, remembrance work, memory rhetoric, memory theory, GilaLustiger, Holocaust literature, identity formation, intergenerational memory interconnections, Jan Assmann, collective memory, cultural memory, literary memory aids, Minka Pradelski, processes of remembrance, Viola Roggenkamp
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.