Case reconstructive narrative research
- Brand: Mendi, Jasmin
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783941274136
Empirical, i.e. qualitative social research has set itself the task of reconstructing biographical processing patterns of learning processes, in the sense of concrete actions and statements, between social groups/institutions and the individual himself. The focus of interest is always the human being himself, with his individual experiences, his subjective and...
Empirical, i.e. qualitative social research has set itself the task of reconstructing biographical processing patterns of learning processes, in the sense of concrete actions and statements, between social groups/institutions and the individual himself. The focus of interest is always the human being himself, with his individual experiences, his subjective and selective perception as well as his interpersonal interaction. In addition, overall social contexts are analyzed in order to be able to draw conclusions about the interrelationship between society and social groups. The social history experienced, i.e. the historical epoch in which the biographer and his family were born, as well as the existing social structural conditions, are always taken into account. The biographical narrative of the biographers, i.e. the so-called narrative interview, forms the starting material for the analysis. Through the individual and separate evaluation steps of the biographical case reconstruction, the recognizable specific structure on which a case is based can be recorded holistically. The aim of the analysis is to look at certain behaviors that we initially find incomprehensible, not in isolation, but in the context of life history. In this way, individual solutions can be developed specifically for individual cases - with a highly complicated biographical background. This book provides a guide to conducting a social science case study and is intended to bridge the gap between theory and practice in social work. In addition to the basics of reconstructive social research, the available literature is devoted to the following main points:
- Conception and preparation of a case study.
- Structure of a narrative interview (request to tell a story, autonomously designed main narrative, inquiry part).
- The annotated transcription, its transcription rules and transcription marks.
- Presentation of individual evaluation steps of the biographical case reconstruction:
- Sequential analysis of biographical data,
- Self presentation,
- individual world of experience of the biographers,
- Fine analysis, 5. Contrasting of self-presentation and individual world of experience,
- Title: Case reconstructive narrative research
- Subtitle: The method of biographical case analysis and its application in social work
- Author: Jasmin Mendi
- Edition: 1st edition
- Published: 1st edition 07/26/2009
- Subject: Psychology
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: textbook
- Language: German
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Scope: 92 pages
- Condition: New (shrink-wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: biographical case analysis, biographical reports, annotated transcription, narrative interview, reconstructive social research, sequential analysis
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.