FM 33 | Situational Leadership | 1st edition
- Brand: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Ulrich Wehrlin | Future Management
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783863761318
Situational leadership is often referred to as the "leadership style of the future". Nevertheless, many managers find it difficult to find the appropriate leadership style and to successfully implement it. In fact, there is no universally applicable, optimal leadership style. Situational leadership is not a leadership style, but a decision-making...
Situational leadership is often referred to as the "leadership style of the future". Nevertheless, many managers find it difficult to find the appropriate leadership style and to successfully implement it. In fact, there is no universally applicable, optimal leadership style. Situational leadership is not a leadership style, but a decision-making concept for determining a leadership behavior or leadership style that is appropriate to the respective situation. Various factors are decisive for the success of situational leadership. Among other things, it is important to determine the specific leadership situation and the level of maturity of the employee. The derived leadership style should be skilfully implemented. For situational leadership, the necessary framework conditions must be created and the competencies of the leaders must be built up and further developed accordingly.
The analysis of the requirements, the possibilities, opportunities, risks and limits of situational leadership makes it clear that the theory of Hersey/Blanchard on which the leadership concept is based is to be expanded in its leadership dimensions "task and employee orientation" by the dimension "participation orientation". The partnership involvement of the employees or participation is a decisive factor of the leadership styles of the future. The participation orientation causes the identification with the task, the qualification and the motivation of the employees to increase. This increases work performance and job satisfaction at the same time. As a result of participation, the quality of products and services improves. Taking into account the knowledge and experience of employees when analyzing problems and developing or selecting solutions to problems leads to greater work efficiency. Participation-oriented management behavior promotes the independence of employees. The extended concept of situational leadership presented here makes it possible to find the appropriate leadership style, implement it successfully and increase efficiency. The theory and practice of situational leadership helps to find the optimal leadership style for every situation. The prerequisites include the right design of framework conditions and the constant development of leadership skills.
The present textbook by Prof. dr dr h.c. Ulrich Wehrlin provides the reader with basic methods and concepts for the successful implementation of situational leadership. The theoretical approach of situational leadership is expanded to include the leadership dimension of "participatory orientation". The book is aimed at entrepreneurs, managers, executives, students and teachers from various disciplines and professionals who are interested in management or founding a company. The book appears in the "Future Management" series - future-oriented, innovative corporate management, change management, personnel and organizational development in the learning organization.
- Title: Situational Leadership
- Subtitle: Finding the appropriate management style and successfully implementing it: ▪ Theory & practice ▪ Designing framework conditions ▪ From the management situation to the optimal management style ▪ Tasks ▪ Orientation towards employees and participation ▪ Increase in efficiency
- Author: Prof. Dr. dr h.c. Ulrich Wehrlin
- Row: Future Management
- Edition: 1st edition
- Band: 33
- Publisher: Prof. Dr. dr h.c. Ulrich Wehrlin
- Published: 1st edition 01.08.2016
- Subject: Economics
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: textbook
- Language: German
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Extent: 392 pages
- Condition: New (shrink-wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: work efficiency, corporate co-determination, business administration, commitment, leadership, leadership dimension, management development, management style, brainstorming, idea promotion, identification, innovation promotion, innovation management, international competitiveness, competitiveness, creativity promotion, performance improvement, employee management, co-determination, co-determination, participation orientation, participation , patent development, personnel management, human resources management, human resources management, project management, process management, quality, quality management, quality improvement, self-realization, service, situational leadership by Hersey / Blanchard, situational leadership, situational leadership, team leadership, corporate management, corporate culture, suggestion scheme
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.