FM 36 | Stress Management | 2nd Edition
- Brand: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Ulrich Wehrlin | Future Management
- Availability: Coming soon
- SKU: 9783863762582
Psychological stress and stress have developed into serious health stress factors. Employees are increasingly stressed. In stress research, stress is considered an unspecific reaction of the organism to any demands, a subjectively intensely unpleasant state of tension. This arises from the fear that a situation cannot be adequately controlled and...
Psychological stress and stress have developed into serious health stress factors. Employees are increasingly stressed. In stress research, stress is considered an unspecific reaction of the organism to any demands, a subjectively intensely unpleasant state of tension. This arises from the fear that a situation cannot be adequately controlled and that avoiding it is considered important. Persistent, chronic, negative stress can cause various illnesses and burn-out. When the energy reserves are used up, the ability to perform and concentrate, as well as creativity, often decreases. Other typical symptoms of stress are irritability, sleep disorders, high blood pressure, etc. Stress management includes methods that are suitable for reducing or eliminating psychologically stressful stress. Synonyms of the term stress management are "coping" or "stress management". The individual interpretation of stressful situations must be changed, stress management improved, stress factors avoided or changed. Various coping strategies can prove helpful in this regard. The analysis of the state of stress takes into account the professional and private burdens and enables the determination of personal resources or sources of strength. The aim is to optimize the relationship between requirements and skills. Stress management can be implemented at an individual level, at an organizational/company level and at a collective level. Resources for reducing stress at work are, for example, social contacts, responsible leadership behavior and a good individual ability to cope with stress. Health management and in particular workplace health promotion can make a significant contribution to reducing the stress burden on employees and managers and largely avoiding permanent negative stress, improving working conditions and work organization. Stress can be reduced, for example, by a health-promoting work design. For this purpose u. a. the variety of tasks is a helpful starting point.
This textbook by Prof. dr dr h.c. Ulrich Wehrlin gives the reader the basics of methods and concepts for the successful implementation of personal and corporate stress management. It is aimed at entrepreneurs, managers, executives, students and teachers from various disciplines and professionals who are interested in management or founding a company. It appears in the "Future Management" series - future-oriented, innovative corporate management, change management, personnel and organizational development in the learning organization.
- Title: Stress Management
- Subtitle: Theory and practice of personal and operational stress management: ▪ Stress analysis ▪ Recognizing symptoms and causes ▪ Avoiding and reducing permanent negative stress ▪ Coping ▪ Coping strategies ▪ Relationship between requirements and ability
- Author: Prof. Dr. dr h.c. Ulrich Wehrlin
- Row: Future Management
- Edition: 2nd edition
- Band: 36
- Publisher: Prof. Dr. dr h.c. Ulrich Wehrlin
- Published: 2nd edition 30.12.2019
- Subject: Economics
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: textbook
- Language: German
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Scope: 724 pages
- Condition: New (shrink-wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: Variety, analysis and design of safe and health-promoting working conditions, working conditions, work organization, division of tasks, variety of tasks, company health promotion WHP, company stress management, burnout, business administration, coping, permanent stress, depression, distress, recovery, eustress, freedom, Promotion of creativity and innovation, management style, health and safety at work, health-promoting work design, health management, damage to health, integrated company health management, competence development, creativity promotion, meaning of life, sustainability, breaks, personnel development, personnel management, personnel management, human resources management, quality and competitiveness, stress, stress analysis, Stress management, stress reduction, stress theories, causes of stress, stress avoidance, team performance, dealing with stress, corporate culture, appreciation, work flow, work-life balance, time management ent, target agreement
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.