HM 02 | Universities and colleges in transition | 2nd Edition
- Brand: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Ulrich Wehrlin | Hochschul- und Wissenschaftsmanagement
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783863761196
Universities and colleges are subject to constant change. The education system has been undergoing changes for several years, which can be described or summarized under the following keywords: Bologna process, university reform, introduction of bachelor's and master's courses, ECTS points (European Credit Transfer System), junior professorships, conversion into independent organizations...
Universities and colleges are subject to constant change. The education system has been undergoing changes for several years, which can be described or summarized under the following keywords: Bologna process, university reform, introduction of bachelor's and master's courses, ECTS points (European Credit Transfer System), junior professorships, conversion into independent organizations own leadership, management, personnel management, appraisal interviews, participation, project management, quality management, quality of academic teaching with controlling, evaluation, collection of tuition fees, cooperation and mergers of educational institutions as well as excellence initiatives or promotion of elite universities. In the future, university organization will see itself as a management task, and tertiary education will be increasingly economized. This textbook gives the reader an overview of the major changes in university management. Processes of change, trends, changes in the environment, the effects of the Bologna process and consequences of demographic change in the European higher education area as well as the challenges for university management are shown. It is aimed at students, teachers and lecturers, employees of schools, universities and colleges, university managers and professionals with an interest in university and science management. The book appears in the series "Higher Education and Science Management" − professionalization of higher education management − future-oriented leadership, change management and organizational development in higher education.
- Title: University Management - Introduction
- Subtitle: Management theory, leadership, change processes, organizational development and professionalization of university management
- Author: Prof. Dr. dr h.c. Ulrich Wehrlin
- Series: University & Science Management
- Edition: 1st edition
- Band: 1
- Publisher: Prof. Dr. dr h.c. Ulrich Wehrlin
- Subject: Economics
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: textbook
- Language: German
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Extent: 305 pages
- Condition: New (shrink-wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: business administration, controlling, university management, international competitiveness, leadership, management theory, management theory, project management, public management, rectorate, student lifecycle management, university management, university organization, vision management, science management
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.