HM 07 | Skills and Qualifications for Higher Education Managers | 2nd Edition
- Brand: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Ulrich Wehrlin | Hochschul- und Wissenschaftsmanagement
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783863761240
With the reorganization of the previous university administration to an entrepreneurially oriented university management, management concepts are transferred to universities and applied successfully. At the same time, high demands are placed on university managers. Your success is increasingly determined by the right, future-oriented approach to phenomena such as complexity, dynamics...
With the reorganization of the previous university administration to an entrepreneurially oriented university management, management concepts are transferred to universities and applied successfully. At the same time, high demands are placed on university managers. Your success is increasingly determined by the right, future-oriented approach to phenomena such as complexity, dynamics and knowledge. In today's communication and knowledge society, companies, universities and colleges are dependent on aligning their entire organization, all employees, visions and strategies - to the future. At the same time, this means that university managers have to fulfill numerous tasks in addition to research and teaching, which requires the appropriate skills and qualifications. The general key skills include social skills, personal skills, method skills and technical skills. Implementation skills are increasingly required (volition). In addition to personality development and the necessary self-motivation, leadership qualities such as loyalty and communication skills are required. Various (further) education and study options are offered at the universities for the qualification in university management. This textbook by Prof. dr dr h.c. Ulrich Wehrlin provides the reader with basic knowledge, methods, concepts, instruments and skills for university management and shows various (further) education options. It is aimed at employees, lecturers, professors, deans, managers, heads of universities and colleges, students of university and science management as well as professionals interested in management positions in the education system. The book appears in the series "University and Science Management" - professionalization of university management - future-oriented leadership, change management and organizational development in higher education.
- Title: Skills and Qualifications for University Managers
- Subtitle: Key and implementation skills, leadership, communication, personality, education and professionalization of university management
- Author: Prof. Dr. dr h.c. Ulrich Wehrlin
- Series: University & Science Management
- Edition: 2nd edition
- Band: 7
- Publisher: Prof. Dr. dr h.c. Ulrich Wehrlin
- Released: 2nd edition 07/31/2014
- Subject: Economics
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: textbook
- Language: German
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Scope: 210 pages
- Condition: New (shrink-wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: university management, communication skills, management teaching for university management, mediation, methodological skills, network management, personnel management, personality development, qualification in university management, key skills, self-management, social skills, corporate management, further education, science management
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.