Islamism in Chechnya
- Brand: Osthold, Christian P.
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783863760076
Especially in Germany, where the conversation about terror and Islamist extremism is part of everyday media life, well-founded works on Islamism in the northern Caucasus based on comprehensive knowledge of sources are in demand, but hardly available - the public discourse is essentially based on obvious stereotypes and unscientific generalization....
Especially in Germany, where the conversation about terror and Islamist extremism is part of everyday media life, well-founded works on Islamism in the northern Caucasus based on comprehensive knowledge of sources are in demand, but hardly available - the public discourse is essentially based on obvious stereotypes and unscientific generalization. The young scientist Christian Paul Osthold is trying to overcome this desideratum. Osthold presents the genesis of the Islamist-tinged separatist movements in Chechnya as a dynamic and cumulative process; Based on the initial hypothesis that Islamism, although its appearance has been prepared for by solid historical processes, is not an essential part of separatist ideology, but merely a force that catalyzes the spread of this ideology, the author describes the development of separatism and at the same time its formation Islamic and Islamist ideas in their development since the earliest times, without neglecting relevant positions in economic and cultural history.
Alexander Estis, University of Geneva
- Title: Islamism in Chechnya
- Subtitle: The role of Islamism in Chechen separatism
- Author: Christian P. Osthold
- ISBN: 978-3-86376-007-6
- Edition: 1st edition
- Editor: Alexander Estis, University of Geneva
- Cover photo: © Mikhail Evstafiev
- University: Georg-August University of Göttingen
- Reviewer: Prof. Dr. Manfred Hildermeier, Prof. Dr. Hans-Henning Schroeder
- Published: 1st edition 12/30/2011
- Subject: History
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: Master's thesis
- Language: German
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Scope: 177 pages
- Condition: New (shrink-wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: Jihad, extremism, Islamization, Islamists, Caucasus region, nationality politics, North Caucasus, perestroika, religion, revolution, separatism, Sufism, Chechnya, Chechen war, Wahhabism, Wahhabis
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.