Cargo fraud and embezzlement in road transport in Germany
- Brand: Gimmler, Karl-Heinz | Gimmler Logistik Stiftung
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783863760090
Road freight transport is becoming more and more the focus of criminals. The procedures are becoming more and more well thought out. A special type of theft of goods is fraud. There is currently only little empirical knowledge about the extent of cargo fraud and embezzlement in Germany. This is...
Road freight transport is becoming more and more the focus of criminals. The procedures are becoming more and more well thought out. A special type of theft of goods is fraud. There is currently only little empirical knowledge about the extent of cargo fraud and embezzlement in Germany. This is where the survey of transport and insurance companies comes in, with information from other parties such as police authorities, detective agencies and freight exchange operators also being included. Based on the survey results, preventive and practical recommendations for action for transport companies are worked out. A differentiation is made according to the individual transport phases from organization to delivery.
- Title: Cargo fraud and embezzlement in road transport in Germany
- Subtitle: Development status and recommendations for action for prevention
- Author: Stefan Siuda
- ISBN: 978-3-86376-009-0
- Cover photo: © TTstudio - stock.adobe.com
- University: Bremerhaven University
- Reviewer: Prof. Dr. legal Thomas Wieske (Institute for Logistics Law & Risk Management (ILRM), Bremerhaven University) RA Axel Salzmann (KRAVAG-LOGISTIC Versicherungs-AG)
- Series: LOGiSCIENCE© - publication series of the Gimmler Logistics Foundation
- Edition: 1st edition
- Band: 2
- Publisher: Gimmler Logistik Stiftung
- Released: 1st edition 01/12/2016
- Subject: Economics
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: Master's thesis
- Language: German
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Scope: 207 pages
- Condition: New (shrink-wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: contract logistics, cargo fraud, logistics controlling, logistics contracts, road, embezzlement
Stefan Siuda has been gathering extensive practical experience in the logistics environment for nine years, primarily in the automotive sector. After completing his vocational training as a forwarding and logistics services clerk, he completed his degree in transport/logistics at the HS Bremerhaven in 2012, which was followed in 2014 by a very successful master’s degree in integrated safety and security management. The findings of his master's thesis are presented in this publication.
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.