Laser-based investigation of flame-wall interaction
- Brand: Mann, Dr. Markus
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783863760489
The interaction of flames and combustion chamber walls occurs in almost all common technical combustion systems. Incomplete combustion leads to an increased formation of pollutants in the area close to the wall. Current developments to increase the efficiency of internal combustion engines and aircraft engines are often based on reducing...
The interaction of flames and combustion chamber walls occurs in almost all common technical combustion systems. Incomplete combustion leads to an increased formation of pollutants in the area close to the wall. Current developments to increase the efficiency of internal combustion engines and aircraft engines are often based on reducing combustion chambers while maintaining or increasing performance. The more compact combustion chambers increase the surface-to-volume ratio, so that the flame-wall interaction will become more important in future combustion system developments. Because of the small space and time scales involved at which the flame-wall interaction occurs, the processes are largely unexplored and based on empirical relationships. Reliable validation data are required for the calculation using numerical simulation (CFD). In this work, therefore, laser-based methods are used to investigate the flame-wall interaction, which enable a quantitative determination of the flame extinction. For this purpose, methods for the simultaneous determination of the gas phase temperature and CO concentration as well as the investigation of the flame propagation were carried out and developed. The focus is on influencing the thermochemical state during transient flame extinction in contrast to stagnation-stabilized flames.
- Title: Laser-Based Investigation of Flame-Wall Interaction
- Author: Dr. Markus Mann
- Edition: 1st edition
- University: Technical University of Darmstadt
- Published: 1st edition 07/25/2013
- Department: Mechanical & Process Engineering
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: Dissertation
- Language: German
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Scope: VII / 133 pages
- Condition: New (shrink-wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: CARS, CO LIF, enthalpy and heat flow, flame-wall interaction, boundary layers, fundamentals of spectroscopy, classical wave optics, coherent anti-Stokes Raman spectroscopy, laminar flame-wall interaction, laser-based combustion diagnostics, measurement object, OH-PLIF, Particle Image Velocimetry, PIV, Planar Laser-Induced Fluorescence at the OH Radical, Quantum Mechanics, Turbulent Premixed Combustion, Combustion, Combustion Research, Ignition System
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.