Militant Islam and Democratization in Indonesia
- Brand: Behnam Shad, Klaus
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783941274549
The role of Islam in Indonesia's recent political and civil society history has been the subject of controversial discussions for years. Since the overthrow of Suharto in 1998, and in the course of the democratization process that began thereafter, militant Islam in particular has increasingly attracted the attention of world...
The role of Islam in Indonesia's recent political and civil society history has been the subject of controversial discussions for years. Since the overthrow of Suharto in 1998, and in the course of the democratization process that began thereafter, militant Islam in particular has increasingly attracted the attention of world public opinion, in addition to the large number of newly emerging Islamic-influenced parties. Klaus Behnam Shad's work is dedicated to the question of how the highly complicated relationship between domestic efforts at democratization, political Islam and, above all, its militant currents is structured. In addition, considerations are made as to the extent to which the principles of democracy can be enforced in a nation strongly influenced by Islam in general terms.
- Title: Militant Islam and Democratization
- Subtitles: in Indonesia
- Author: Klaus Behnam Shad
- Edition: 1st edition
- Published: 1st edition 2010-11-24
- Subject: Political Science
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: state examination paper
- Language: German
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Extent: 88 pages
- Condition: New (shrink-wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: September 11, 2001, Al-Qaeda, Ali Al-Nasani, democracy, democratization, democratization process, fundamentalism, Indonesia, Islam, Islam in the 20th century, Islamic fundamentalism, Islamic terrorism, Islamism, Islam and politics, Jemaah Islamiyah, Jihad, Human Rights in Islam, Militant Islam, Mohamed Suharto, Osama bin Laden, Richard Hrair Dekmejian, Suharto Era, Terrorism, Terrorist Attacks, Terrorist Attacks, Terrorist Networks, Terrorist Network, Elections
Klaus Behnam Shad, doctoral student at the Freie Universität Berlin, studied musicology and cultural and social anthropology at the University of Cologne and is a state-trained mediator. His research interests include political anthropology, in particular the role of human rights in international politics, political philosophy, intercultural hermeneutics and medical anthropology. The regional focal points of his previous studies are Central and Southeast Asia.
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.