Modeling Phosphorus Flows in Soils
- Brand: Kreuzeder, Andreas
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783941274853
The outstanding importance of phosphorus (P) in all living cells makes it an essential nutrient. Its pivotal use as a fertilizer and the finiteness as a natural resource lead to a new episode of historic importance: A possible upcoming phosphate crisis. In this book an overview of the role of...
The outstanding importance of phosphorus (P) in all living cells makes it an essential nutrient. Its pivotal use as a fertilizer and the finiteness as a natural resource lead to a new episode of historic importance: A possible upcoming phosphate crisis. In this book an overview of the role of phosphorus as a nutrient and as a fertilizer as well as the underlying soil dynamics is given. The flows of phosphorus in Austria are shown by using the method of material flow analysis (MFA). Furthermore, a 'System Dynamics P-Model' was developed to outline the characteristics of phosphorus and its use in soils. This model considers the complex interactions and processes in soils. It shows the influence of soil properties, the effects of fertilizer use and crop uptake, and their dynamic interrelations.
- Title: Modeling Phosphorus Flows in Soils
- Author: Andreas Kreuzeder
- Edition: 1st edition
- Released: 1st edition 08/08/2011
- Subject: Chemistry
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: Master's thesis
- Language: English
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Scope: 102 pages
- Condition: New (shrink-wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: Eutrophication, Fertilizer, Inorganic Phosphorus, Material Flow Analysis, Methodical Approach, Modelling, Nutrient Model, Organic Phosphorus, Orthophosphate Esters, Phosphorus, Phosphorus as a resource, Phosphorus as Fertilizer, Phosphorus Chemistry, Phosphorus Crisis, Phosphorus Flows in Austria, Phosphorus Fractionation, Phosphorus in Plants, Phosphorus in Society, Phosphorus Model, Phosphorus Recycling, Redox Effects, Simulation, Soil Dynamics, Soil Phosphorus Cycle, Soils, Soil Solution Phosphorus, System Dynamics
Andreas Kreuzeder was born in 1984 and studied Environmental System Science with the special field of Chemistry at the Karl-Franzens-University Graz, Austria. He submitted his master thesis at the Institute for Systems Science, Innovation & Sustainability search (ISIS).
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.