Volume 1 | Portfolio strategies of private equity companies
- Brand: Shakh, Nataliya
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783941274310
As a result of the increasing capital requirements of non-listed companies and the continuously increasing investment needs of institutional and private investors, private equity covers a segment of the capital market that has been growing for decades. The private equity companies (PEG) see themselves as active insider investors who take...
As a result of the increasing capital requirements of non-listed companies and the continuously increasing investment needs of institutional and private investors, private equity covers a segment of the capital market that has been growing for decades. The private equity companies (PEG) see themselves as active insider investors who take on evaluation and selection functions, transaction execution, support and exit functions in the investment process. The risks associated with this, in particular the issues of portfolio building by PEGs, were considered in this article. The formation of the portfolio is described by various investment criteria. It should also be analyzed whether the PEGs are pursuing a specialization or diversification strategy with regard to these criteria. After the theoretical derivation of the investment criteria, an empirical study is carried out on ten closed funds in order to be able to make statements about the strategy pursued.
- Title: Portfolio strategies of private equity companies
- Subtitle: Diversification vs. Focus
- Author: Nataliya Shakh
- Series: Business Administration
- Edition: 1st edition
- Band: 1
- Publisher: Optimedien Verlag
- University: Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Published: 1st edition 01/18/2010
- Subject: Economics
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: Master's thesis
- Language: German
- Binding: Softcover (paperback)
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Scope: 138 pages
- Condition: New (shrink-wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: alternative financing, diversification approaches, diversification, focus, investment criteria, credit financing, PE financing, PE financing phases, portfolio formation, portfolio strategies, portfolio companies, private equity, private equity funds, private equity business model, specialization, specialist vs. generalist, strategy
Bachelor of Arts in International Economics at Yuriy Fedkovich National University of Chernivtsi, Ukraine. Master of Arts in International Business at the Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen, Nuremberg.
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.