The Cow Eats The Chameleon
- Brand: Albrecht, Carl Edward Archibald
- Availability: In stock
- SKU: 9783863761813
Cities in the Global South grow fast. Infrastructure struggles to keep up with the growth. At a certain point it fails. The population of a fast growing city needs food. Therefore a close look at urban and peri-urban agriculture is necessary to provide it even if infrastructure might collapse. This...
Cities in the Global South grow fast. Infrastructure struggles to keep up with the growth. At a certain point it fails. The population of a fast growing city needs food. Therefore a close look at urban and peri-urban agriculture is necessary to provide it even if infrastructure might collapse. This book investigates the livestock production and marketing, its chances and obstacles in a fast growing city in Northern Ghana.
- Title: THE COW EATS THE CHAMELEON
- Subtitle: Urban and peri-urban livestock production and marketing in Tamale (Ghana)
- Author: Carl Edward Archibald Albrecht
- Edition: 1st edition
- University: Georg-August University of Göttingen
- Released: 2016-06-02
- Department: Cultural Studies
- Product Type: Book (Hardcover)
- Product type: textbook
- Language: English
- Binding: Hardcover
- Dimensions: 21.0 x 14.8 cm (DIN A5)
- Scope: II / 206 pages
- Condition: New (wrapped in foil)
- Keywords: anthropology of nutrition, ashanti, cattle, dagomba, development, food, ghana, goat, livestock, marketing, meat processing, milk, northern region, poultry, sheep, slaughtering, taboo, tamale, tropical animal production, urbanization
Dr. Carl Edward Archibald Albrecht was born in 1975 in Hanover, Germany as son of a dairy farmer and a high school teacher. After his high school graduation he spent four months at the 'Near and Middle East Association' in Hamburg followed by three months at a law office in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia where he went – just for fun – to the camel market in the afternoon of October 18, 1995.
DRM: Digital Watermark
This eBook contains a digital watermark and is therefore personalized for you. If the eBook is passed on to third parties abusively, it is possible to trace it back to the source.
File format: PDF (Portable Document Format)
With a fixed page layout, the PDF is particularly suitable for specialist books with columns, tables and figures. A PDF can be displayed on almost all devices, but is only suitable to a limited extent for small displays (smartphone, e-reader).
PC/Mac: You can read this eBook with a PC or Mac. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
eReader: This eBook can be read with (almost) all eBook readers. However, it is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
Smartphone/Tablet: Whether Apple or Android, you can read this eBook. You need a PDF viewer - e.g. Adobe Reader.
Buying eBooks from abroad
For tax law reasons we can sell eBooks just within Germany and Switzerland. Regrettably we cannot fulfill eBook orders from other countries.